- What is CONNECTION Dental Network? Is it dental insurance?
CONNECTION Dental Network is a PPO network and not an insurance plan. The CONNECTION Dental Network is a network of Participating Dentists who have agreed to accept a fee schedule in exchange for directed business.
- Which insurance plans use the CONNECTION Dental Network?
Click here to request our current Client List or call (800) 505-8880, option 1.
- Why should I join your dental network?
We actively direct insured patients to you by way of toll-free telephone referrals and website directories to help identify and locate Participating Dentists. We also encourage our members to select Participating Dentists through financial incentives.
- What do I charge?
CONNECTION Dental Participating Dentists may submit their regular charges to the insurance plans.
- How do I determine what is the patient's responsibility?
The difference between the insurance benefit amount and the fee schedule amount, plus applicable deductibles and/or copayments, will be the patient's responsibility.
- What am I obligated to write off?
Your write-off will be the difference between the fee schedule amount and your regular billed charge for that service. If your regular billed charge is less or the service is not listed on the Fee Schedule, there is no write-off. In some states, Payors subject to state regulation cannot take a discount on non-covered services (this would not apply to GEHA's plans because they are not subject to state regulation).
- What if the service performed is not on the fee schedule?
If the service rendered is not on the fee schedule, the patient will be responsible for the entire billed charge.
- Can I participate in a PPO network if I charge my patients at the time of service?
Yes. You may charge your PPO patients at the time of service, as long as it is not over the fee schedule amount for those services listed. Please be sure to supply patients with itemized bills so they may submit them to their insurance plans for reimbursement.
- Can I participate in a PPO network if I don't file claims for my patients?
Yes. Again, please provide your patients with itemized bills so they may file their own claims
- There are several dentists in our group. Can I just send their names on a list to enroll them?
No. Each dentist must complete an Application and sign a Participating Provider Agreement to join the network. If you are a large practice, please contact one of our Network Representatives at (800) 505-8880, option 1, for information about group contracting.
- Can I participate with CONNECTION Dental Network and not accept new patients?
Yes. Participating Dentists are not required to accept new patients. Simply notify CONNECTION Dental Network that your office capacity is full, and we will make a notation in our system. Once this is done, we will not refer new patients to your office until further notice.
- Are we required to take a certain number of patients?
No. This is not a capitated network.